Explore your role as a leader and improve your leadership
This course takes your personal leadership role as its starting point. We look at both your personal and professional background and qualifications, so you can take a conscious decision about what kind of leader you want to be. This gives you the opportunity to reflect on your role as leader and a platform to discuss your personal strengths and weaknesses with the other participants and your instructor. The course is heavily centered around knowledge sharing and feedback between the participants.
Learn how task management strengthens your leadership
As a leader, one of your most important tasks is to create a structured process overview and work out a strategy that your coworkers or employees can understand and carry out successfully. During this course, you learn how to work out a solid plan that takes you from strategy to action and all the way the finish line. You get to work hands-on with a plan from your own professional life and break it down into smaller sections. This enables you to see both your criteria for success and your desired goals more clearly. These are techniques you can draw on for the rest of your career.
Three days packed with knowledge and training
Through relevant cases, tailored exercises, and the newest theories on leadership and management, you train specific situations and confrontations and learn how to deal with them. You enhance your understanding of your own reaction patterns and also your coworkers’ or employees’.
You are nothing without your team
A leader or manager is nothing without her or his team. A good leader understands the importance of ensuring that each team member works with and for the team. The last day of the course is dedicated to team management and we work with a case that highlights the value of having a strong team. Based on the case, you learn how to deal with your own team through descriptions of the different members and your collective mode of work. This gives you important insights into your team, and it enables you to see your own role as team leader more clearly. This knowledge is ready to use the minute you walk through the office door after the course, and gives you the ability to optimize your team and your dynamics.
Agenda: Day 1
General management theory
- Learn to master your role as leader. You learn about power and authority, leader behavior, duty, responsibility, and management versus leadership.
- We explore the strategical process. We work with strategical questions, SWOT, and strategical potentials
- We focus on problem solving, action plans and execution. Including purpose, goals, and prioritizing.
Agenda: Day 2
Your leadership role
- We work with MCGregor’s x-y theory, basic psychological needs and emotional intelligence.
- Your surroundings as a leader: We focus on your relations and stakeholders through a stakeholder analysis and work with stakeholder management, including influence techniques.
- Your personal style of leadership. We go through Goleman’s 6 styles of leadership based on your own approach to leadership and management and your leadership values.
Agenda: Day 3
Teams and coworkers
- We learn about different types of employees based on Tuckmann’s team development model, psychological needs, and team dynamics
- Employee development: We focus on employee competences, levels of development and concrete leadership tools such as delegating and coaching
- How to carry out the difficult conversation. We prepare you for the tough situations with conflict management methods.
The course teacher takes care of your learning!
For us, it’s all about getting a positive change out of this course! Therefore, we ask about your prerequisites and needs before the course starts. And the teacher makes sure that after completing the course you can easily use your new tools, competencies and knowledge where you are – so you can easily create even greater value for yourself and for your workplace.
Sign up and get a free mini guide!
When you register for this course, we send you a little mini guide on how to maximize your benefits from the course. You can use the guide to prepare for this course – and all other courses or educations you may consider for the future!
Internal courses: Let the instructor come to you!
Instead of participating on an open course, you can get the instructors to come straight to you. In this case, we will tailor the course directly to your specific requirements, prerequisites and situation. Contact Chief of Education, Anders Rosenlund at +45 70 278 279, or send him an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for a non-binding offer.